- 1 1/2 cups Cashew Sour Cream
- 3 tbsp onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup cucumber, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
To make the tzatziki, first prepare your mise en place—including the making of the Cashew Sour Cream.
Note: For the cashew cream, try naturally fermenting the cashews by soaking them overnight — then drain, rinse, and soak again on the count for another 12 to 24 hours. Also, because the cashew will have a natural tartness to them after fermenting, you can omit the lemon juice and apple cider vinegar from the cashew cream recipe.
To assemble the dish, add all the ingredients together with the cashew cream, mix together and taste for seasoning. If needed, add a touch of non-dairy milk to water to the mixture if it seems a bit too thick.