Looking for a reason to learn to cook and create dishes that taste amazing, are nutrient-rich, and look like they could be on the cover of a magazine? We've got four of them for you.
4 reasons you should learn to cook (and enjoy the process of doing it)
1. Cooking improves your health
There is a whole lotta truth to this statement. Consider that by learning to cook you are not only in control of your calorie intake, but you’re also building healthier habits, and the healthier you eat, the more energy you’ll have to keep cooking. Win, win!
2. You have the ability to choose healthy and wholesome ingredients
People who eat homemade meals consume more fruits and vegetables and fewer calories. While those who eat out consume more sodium, sugars, and unhealthy fats. When you cook and eat at home, you are completely in control of your meal’s ingredients. When the farmer's markets open up, or the seasons change—it truly becomes a wonderful adventure to explore and walk through the produce aisles and fresh fruit stands in your area. Finding and exploring different textures and flavors elevates your cooking practice.
For more information about choosing seasonal ingredients, check out:
3. Cooking brings families and friends together
"Food brings people together on many different levels. It's nourishment of the soul and body; it's truly love." —Giada De Laurentiis.
After spending so much time apart, what better way to reconnect and bring your friends and family together than to enjoy a home-cooked meal? Maybe it's also time to think beyond the holidays to get together with family and friends, and look to reignite (or begin) the Sunday dinner tradition.
4. Cooking and eating at home saves you money
Now more than ever, we are watching our wallets. By embracing a healthier lifestyle and committing to cooking more regularly, you’ll feel the benefits physically, and notice it in your bank account.
Reasons why Swich is a great resource to help you learn to cook:
- You can learn to cook online. Learn at your own pace. Whenever and wherever you want to.
- You can learn to cook for free! Because we believe cooking is an important life skill that should be accessible to everyone.
- You can learn to cook alongside a supportive global community. There’s strength in numbers!
To learn more about the benefits of learning to cooking with Swich, don’t miss these posts:
Not a Swich member yet?
Create your free membership!