It doesn’t matter what you want to do in life, there’s a fool-proof formula for turning dreams into reality. Follow Swich founders, Joe Girard and Dawn Thomas, as they share some of their secrets to creating anything in life. Hint: it starts with an idea, a firm decision, commitment on paper (write it down!), and then taking consistent action until that dream comes to life.
In this episode of the Swich Founder YouTube series, Joe and Dawn enjoy the exhilaration of exploring the Gulf Islands by water in their new Stryker boat. You’ll see just how beautiful this part of British Columbia is! They also enjoy the support of friends who lend a helping hand, including Rouxbe’s and Swich’s Chief Technology Officer, Adam O’Connor – who visits all the way from Ohio. Pay close attention to the life-changing tip Dawn gets on how to chop wood effectively – it’s a piece of advice that can be applied across all areas of life! (Think: look where you want to go).
As Dawn and Joe build their new home, it becomes extra apparent that nothing in life is possible without laying a solid foundation, and this includes cooking. Everything you do starts with a foundation – whether you’re learning to chop wood, tie a boat, or make a meal for your friends and family. Swich is all about teaching the little steps of cooking, so you can make that meal with confidence and joy.
Episode 12: The foundation of life
Don't miss these other episodes in the Swich Founder YouTube Series:
- Episode 1: The path to 100 million
- Episode 2: First visit to Pender Island
- Episode 3: Getting to work
- Episode 4: Bring on the machines
- Episode 5: Baby steps
- Episode 6: Airstream move to Pender Island
- Episode 7: The family settles in on Pender Island
- Episode 8: Beauty is everywhere
- Episode 9: Pender moments: cool finds on Pender Island
- Episode 10: Never stop moving forward
- Episode 11: Living in the moment
Not a Swich member yet?
Create your free membership!